Police and fire briefs for Dec. 14, 2012
Five arrested on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least five people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2:30 p.m. Thursday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Irion Bordelon, 33, 11011 Cal Road, Apt. 58, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and operating a vehicle while under suspension for prior offense.
- Jose Cuellar, 24, 4747 Southpark, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license required and failure to maintain control.
- Bert Melancon, 40, 10156 Perkins Rowe Blvd., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and motor vehicle inspection required.
- Haley Perez, 30, 1920 Stanford Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, possession of Schedule I drugs, driver’s license suspended/revoked, possession of drug paraphernalia and following too close.
- Matthew Romar, 20, 11555 Southpark Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, speeding and possession of alcohol in vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved