Livingston Parish Calendar for Dec. 13, 2012
- PRESCHOOL STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch, 26941 La. 43. For more information, call (225) 567-1441.
- BOOK CLUB: 10:30 a.m., Livingston Library Branch, 20390 Iowa St. For more information, call (225) 686-2436.
- HOLIDAY SOAP MAKING: 5:30 p.m., South Library Branch, 23477 La. 444. Patrons who are 8 to 18 years old can make their own holiday-shaped soaps, bath fizzies and packaging to wrap them in. Registration is required. For more information, call (225) 698-3015.
- EASY BOW MAKING: 6 p.m., Watson Library Branch, 36581 Outback Road. Patrons can learn how to make professional-looking gift wrapping bows. Registration is required. For more information, call (225) 664-3693.
- CHRISTMAS PARTY: 6 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch, 8101 U.S. 190. Teens are invited to make gingerbread houses and swap books at a Christmas party. Participants should bring wrapped children’s or young adult books to swap. For more information, call (225) 665-8118.
- “12 ANGRY WOMEN” OPENING PERFORMANCE: 6:30 p.m., North Live Oak Elementary School, 36605 Outback Road, Denham Springs. The Livingston Parish Talented Theatre Department presents “12 Angry Women.” Other performances of the play will be Friday and Saturday. Tickets are $8 for adults and $6 for students.
- BREAKFAST WITH SANTA: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Denham Springs High School, 1000 N. Range Ave. Denham Springs High School’s JADD Club will hold the sixth annual Breakfast with Santa, where children will have a pancake breakfast with Santa and then spend the day playing games, making crafts and singing carols. Cost is $15 per child and $10 for each additional child. For more information or to register, email email@example.com.
- JOLLY ALL THE WAY: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Walker United Methodist Church, 30167 Stump St. “Jolly All the Way” Kids’ Fun Day is for children in grades kindergarten through fifth grades, and will include Christmas games, songs, crafts, cookie decorating and more. The event is free and comes with lunch. To sign up or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SCIENCE SATURDAY: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., LIGO Science Education Center, 19100 LIGO Lane, Livingston. Participants can come to the education center to tour the facility and talk to a LIGO science specialist. The topic for this Science Saturday is “Light Fantastic.” For more information, visit http://www.ligo-la.caltech.edu/SEC.html or call (225) 686-3173.
- ANIME CLUB: 3 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. Members will watch and discuss anime and manga while learning about Japanese culture.
- COUNTRY CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL: 4 p.m., Sidney Hutchinson Park, off Corbin Avenue north of U.S. 190, Walker. The park has been transformed into the Walker Wonderland with lights and animated displays. Participants at the festival can stroll through Walker Wonderland, sing with caroling choirs, ride the Polar Express, play on inflatables, drink free hot chocolate, eat festival cuisine and wait for Santa Claus. Admission is free.
- ONE NIGHT IN BETHLEHEM: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Hebron Baptist Church, 24063 La. 16, Denham Springs. “One Night in Bethlehem” is an outdoor walk-through event with a live Nativity where participants will travel the streets of Bethlehem marketplace, listen to Bethlehem townspeople share the story of Jesus’ birth and hear choirs sing “Most High.” The church will hold the event again Sunday. For more information, call (225) 665-6278.
- LUTHERAN SERVICES: 5 p.m., Hampton Inn, 201 Rushing Road, Denham Springs. Good Shepherd Lutheran Church is expanding their services to Livingston Parish. Lutheran services are held each Saturday at the hotel. For more information, call (225) 803-9636 or (225) 766-4610.
- CHRISTMAS IN THE PARKING LOT: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Christ’s Community Church, 8139 Florida Blvd., Denham Springs. “Christmas in the Parking Lot” will have pony rides, a petting zoo, face painting, live music, family nativity pictures, outside movie, popcorn, crafts and hot chocolate. The event is free. For more information, call (225) 572-2180 or visit http://www.cccds.net.
- CELLPHONE DRIVE DEADLINE: Women Outreaching Women, 26876 4-H Club Road, Denham Springs. Women Outreaching Women is collecting old cellphones. The goal is to collect 100 cellphones before Saturday. WOW is a nonprofit organization for battered women and their children that operates a battered women’s shelter in Livingston Parish.
- BABY AND TODDLER STORY TIME: 9:45 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- WORD BASICS: 10 A.M., LIVINGSTON LIBRARY BRANCH.
- PRESCHOOL STORY TIME: 10:30 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- MS WORD BASICS: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Watson Library Branch.
- LIVINGSTON AMATEUR RADIO SOCIETY: 7 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- DS ATHLETICS MEETING: 7 p.m., Big Mike’s, 123 Aspen Square, Denham Springs. Supporters of Yellow Jacket athletics are invited to the Denham Springs Athletic Association meeting. For more information, call (225) 754-2581 or (225) 791-3258.
- STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Watson Library Branch.
- STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- YOUNG WRITERS CLUB: 5 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. The goal of the Young Writers Club is to write for both publication and performance.
- HOLIDAY SOAP MAKING: 5:30 p.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch. The craft is for children who are 8 to 12 years old. Children will make holiday-shaped soaps, bath fizzies and packaging to wrap them in. Registration is required.
- TEEN MOVIE NIGHT: 6 p.m., Livingston Library Branch. Teens will watch a PG-rated Gothic Christmas movie while having refreshments.
- GIRLSCOUT MEETING: 6 p.m., Livingston Library Branch. The meeting is for Troop 30980.
- ECLECTIC BOOK CLUB: 6:30 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. Members will discuss “All Creatures Great and Small” by James Small.
- GIRLSCOUT MEETING: 6:30 p.m., Watson Library Branch. The meeting is for Troop 10486.
- AMVETS POST 68 MEETING: 7 p.m., Amvets Post 68, 26890 La. 42, Springfield. For more information, call (225) 294-8968.
- STORIES, SONGS AND MORE: 10 a.m., Livingston Library Branch.
- STORY TIME: 10 a.m., South Library Branch.
- MASTER GARDENERS: 11 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- PRESCHOOL STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch.
- GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP: 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. Legacy Hospice Walker will hold a support group meeting for anyone experiencing a loss such as divorce, death of a loved one or other life changes. For more information, call (225) 667-1340.
- GINGERBREAD HOUSE CLASS: 5:30 p.m., Watson Library Branch. Adult patrons can learn how to make their own gingerbread houses. Class size is limited and registration is required.
- EDWARD LIVINGSTON HISTORICAL ASSOCIATION: 6 p.m., Livingston Library Branch.
- CHRISTMAS PUPPET SHOW: 6 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- CHRISTMAS MUSIC: 6 p.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch. Patrons can come listen to Chris Shipp play Christmas songs on his acoustic guitar.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved