Serves 4 to 6. Recipe is by Julie Kay.
1 to 1½ lbs. veal cutlets
1½ cups Italian bread crumbs
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
3 tbls. butter, melted
½ cup vegetable broth
2 cups Light Smart traditional Prego Italian sauce, divided
1. Mix together bread crumbs, bell pepper, garlic, onion, butter and vegetable broth.
2. Lay veal slices on wax paper and spoon bread crumb mixture in the middle of veal slice.
3. Roll up in jellyroll fashion and secure with toothpick.
4. Pour 1½ cups Italian sauce over all and cook on Low for 6 hours.
5. Pour remaining sauce on stuffed veal and continue cooking for another 1 to 2 hours.
6. Serve with pasta of choice.
Note: You most likely will have extra stuffing, which is perfect for cooking with pork chops or chicken the next day. The stuffing can either be used to stuff the meat or to add to the top or sides of the meat.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved