Makes about a dozen pancakes. Recipe is by Beth Colvin.
2 cups cold mashed potatoes
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
Dash cayenne pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup flour
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1. Combine potatoes, 1 egg, garlic salt, pepper, cheddar and flour. Mix well.
2. Form potatoes into patties. Set up a dredging station with a dish containing 1 egg, beaten, and a dish with the bread crumbs.
3. Carefully and quickly dip each patty into the egg, then into the bread crumbs, brushing off excess bread crumbs. Place patties on a rack over a baking sheet and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes.
4. Heat about 1/4-inch of oil in a frying pan. Fry patties about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove to the rack to drain.
5. Serve warm with chopped chives and sour cream.
Copyright © 2015, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved