- SOUTH LOUISIANA HIGHPOWER CLUB MATCH: 8:30 a.m., Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Range, 9300 St. Landry Rd. Gonzales. Fee $12 members, $15 nonmembers, $5 juniors. $15 annual membership in Civilian Marksmanship Program.
- RED STICK FLY FISHERS FLY-TYING SESSION: 7 p.m., Bass Pro Shops, Denham Springs. Call Emmitt Simmons (225) 335-4596. Website: www.rsff.org
- FIN-ADDICT FLY FISHERS MEETING: 6:30 p.m., Spahr’s Restaurant, 1400 W. Tunnel Blvd, Houma. Call Stephen Robert (985) 850-0082. Website: finaddictflyfishers.blogspot.com.
- DEER/MODERN FIREARMS/PLAQUEMINES-ST. BERNARD PARISHES: Sunday (Nov. 25), final day, still-hunt only, bucks-only. Entire Plaquemines & portion of St. Bernard Parish affected by Hurricane Isaac.
- DEER/MODERN FIREARMS/ATCHAFALAYA BASIN: Sunday (Nov. 25), final day, still-hunt only, either-sex allowed to be taken.
- DEER/MODERN FIREARMS: Sunday (Nov. 25), final day, State Deer Areas 3, 7 & 8, still-hunt only.
- DOVES: Sunday (Nov. 25), final day South Zone second split Daily limit is 15. Possession limit is 30. Hours are one-half hour before sunrise to sunset. North Zone third split Dec. 15-Jan. 7. South Zone third split Dec. 22-Jan. 7.
- DOVES/POINTE AUX CHENES WMA: Sunday (Nov. 25), final day, WMA’s Point Farm Unit, Dolphin Street off La. 55, Montegut. Access the dove field allowed by walking or boat during second split & Dec. 22-Jan. 7 third split. Nontoxic shot required south of the dove field gate. WMA’s dove-hunt hours one half hour before sunrise until noon. Call Shane Granier (504) 284-5264.
- DEER/PRIMITIVE FIREARMS: Monday (Nov. 26) opening day, State Deer Areas 3 & 8 through Friday (Nov. 30). Either-sex deer allowed to be taken.
- DEER/MODERN FIREARMS/ATCHAFALAYA BASIN: Monday (Nov. 26) opening day, still-hunt only, bucks only, through Dec. 7.
- DEER/MODERN FIREARMS: Dec. 1-Jan. 6, State Deer Area 3, still-hunt only. Either-sex deer allowed to be taken.
- DEER/MODERN FIREARMS: Dec. 1-Jan. 6, State Deer Area 8, with or without dogs. Either-sex deer allowed to be taken.
- DUCKS/COASTAL & EAST ZONES: First split through Dec. 2. Includes ducks, coots (poule d’eau) & mergansers.
- GEESE/COASTAL & EAST ZONES: First split through Dec. 2. Canada, speckledbelly, blue, snow & Ross’ geese allowed.
- DEER/MODERN FIREARMS/LAKE MAUREPAS AREA: Through Dec. 2, still-hunt only, bucks only. Includes portions of Ascension, Livingston, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany and Tangipahoa parishes affected by Hurricane Isaac. Website map: http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov.
- SNIPE: Statewide. First split through Dec. 3 in State Waterfowl East and Coastal zones. First split through Dec. 10 in State Waterfowl West Zone. Daily limit 8.
- DEER/MODERN FIREARMS: State Deer Area 2 (still-hunt only) through Dec. 5.
- DEER/MODERN FIREARMS: State Deer Areas 1 & 6, still-hunt only, through Dec. 7. Either-sex allowed to be taken. Note: The special Lake Maurepas area, Plaquemines Parish and portion of St. Bernard Parish are excluded from State Deer Area 6 dates.
- DUCKS/WEST ZONE: First split through Dec. 9. Includes ducks, coots (poule d’eau) & mergansers.
- GEESE/WEST ZONE: First split through Dec. 9. Canada, speckledbelly, blue, snow & Ross’ geese allowed.
- DEER/MODERN FIREARMS: State Deer Area 5, still-hunt only, either-sex allowed to be taken, through Dec. 23.
- RAILS & GALLINULES: Statewide, through Jan. 2.
- DEER/ARCHERY: State Deer Areas 3 & 8 through Jan. 15; State Deer areas 1, 2, 4, 5 & 7 through Jan. 31. Deer Area 6 & Special Atchafalaya Basin/I-10 south (Oct. 1-15, bucks only) through Feb. 15. Either-sex deer allowed to be taken except where noted. Special license required: $10.50 for residents (ages 16-59); $26 for nonresidents (16 and older).
- SQUIRRELS/RABBITS/QUAIL: Statewide through Feb. 28.
- NOTE: Deer tags are required for all hunters no matter their ages for taking deer in Louisiana. Tags must be affixed to the deer before taking it from the field. State basic & big-game licenses needed for deer hunters. Special stamp needed to take deer on wildlife management areas.
- CLOSURE/HACKBERRY BAY PUBLIC OYSTER SEED RESERVATION: Jefferson & Lafourche parishes. Area yielded estimated 4,700 sacks of oysters since Oct. 29 opening.
AROUND THE CORNER
- DEC. 1 — MID RANGE RIFLE MATCH: Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. 600-yard prone match includes F-Class (any rifle, any sight, any support), FTR.223 &.308 with a bipod & conventional prone (any caliber). Website: http://PaloAltoGunClub.com.
- DEC. 6 — BATON ROUGE CHAPTER/DUCKS UNLIMITED BANQUET: 6 p.m., John M. Parker Ag Center, LSU, Baton Rouge. Tickets $50 singles, $20 Greenwings (youths), $400 corporate tables. Call (225) 572-4070. Website: http://LA.ducks.org.
- OPENED & CLOSED
- CLOSED: Elmer’s Island area.
- OPEN: State Fall Inshore Shrimp season (all inshore waters), but closed in Elmer’s Island-Fourchon area; recreational amberjack season.
- CLOSED-GULF OF MEXICO SEASONS: Recreational red snapper and gray triggerfish, state and federal waters and commercial king mackerel and gray triggerfish.
Have an Outdoors item? Email: email@example.com
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved