- FLY TYING AT BASS PRO SHOPS: 9:30 a.m.-noon, Conference Room, Bass Pro Shops, Denham Springs. Call Ron Brooks (225) 271-3100.
- SOUTH LOUISIANA HIGHPOWER CLUB MATCH: 8:30 a.m., Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Range, 9300 St. Landry Rd. Gonzales. Fee $12 members, $15 nonmembers, $5 juniors. $15 annual membership in Civilian Marksmanship Program. Call George Serrett; (225) 272-3538. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MONDAY, NOV. 26
- RED STICK FLY FISHERS FLY-TYING SESSION: 7 p.m., Bass Pro Shops, Denham Springs. Call Emmitt Simmons (225) 335-4596. Website: www.rsff.org
- FIN-ADDICT FLY FISHERS MEETING: 6:30 p.m., Spahr’s Restaurant, 1400 W. Tunnel Blvd, Houma. Call Stephen Robert (985) 850-0082. Website: finaddictfly
- DEER/MODERN FIREARMS/LAKE MAUREPAS AREA: Nov. 23, opening day, still-hunt only, bucks only, through Dec. 2. Includes portions of Ascension, Livingston, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany and Tangipahoa parishes affected by Hurricane Isaac. Website map: http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov.
- DEER/MODERN FIREARMS/PLAQUEMINES-ST. BERNARD PARISHES: Nov. 23-25, still-hunt only, bucks-only. Entire Plaquemines & portion of St. Bernard Parish affected by Hurricane Isaac. Website map: http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov.
- DEER/MODERN FIREARMS: Nov. 23-Dec. 23, State Deer Area 5, still-hunt only.
- DEER/MODERN FIREARMS/ATCHAFALAYA BASIN: Through Nov. 25, still-hunt only, either-sex allowed to be taken.
- DEER/MODERN FIREARMS: Through Nov. 25, State Deer Areas 3, 7 & 8 (still-hunt only).
- DOVES: South Zone, second split through Nov. 25. Daily limit is 15. Possession limit is 30. Hours are one-half hour before sunrise to sunset. North Zone third split Dec. 15-Jan. 7. South Zone third split Dec. 22-Jan. 7.
- DOVES/POINTE AUX CHENES WMA: Through Nov. 25, WMA’s Point Farm Unit, Dolphin Street off La. 55, Montegut. Access the dove field allowed by walking or boat during second split & Dec. 22-Jan. 7 third split. Nontoxic shot required south of the dove field gate. WMA’s dove-hunt hours one half hour before sunrise until noon. Call Shane Granier (504) 284-5264.
- DEER/PRIMITIVE FIREARMS: Nov. 26-30, State Deer Areas 3 & 8. Either-sex deer allowed to be taken.
- DEER/MODERN FIREARMS: Nov. 26-Dec. 30, State Deer Area 7, with or without dogs.
- DEER/MODERN FIREARMS/ATCHAFALAYA BASIN: Nov. 26-Dec. 7, still-hunt only, bucks only.
- DUCKS/COASTAL & EAST ZONES: First split through Dec. 2. Includes ducks, coots (poule d’eau) & mergansers.
- GEESE/EAST & COASTAL ZONES: First split through Dec. 2. Canada, speckledbelly, blue, snow & Ross’ geese allowed.
- SNIPE: Statewide. First split through Dec. 3 in State Waterfowl East and Coastal zones. First split through Dec. 10 in State Waterfowl West Zone. Daily limit 8.
- DEER/MODERN FIREARMS: State Deer Area 2 (still-hunt only) through Dec. 5.
- DEER/MODERN FIREARMS: State Deer Areas 1 & 6, still-hunt only, through Dec. 7. Either-sex allowed to be taken. Note: The special Lake Maurepas area, Plaquemines Parish and portion of St. Bernard Parish are excluded from State Deer Area 6 dates.
- DUCKS/WEST ZONE: First split through Dec. 9. Includes ducks, coots (poule d’eau) & mergansers.
- GEESE/WEST ZONE: First split through Dec. 9. Canada, speckledbelly, blue, snow & Ross’ geese allowed.
- RAILS & GALLINULES: Statewide, through Jan. 2.
- DEER/ARCHERY: State Deer Areas 3 & 8 through Jan. 15; State Deer areas 1, 2, 4, 5 & 7 through Jan. 31. Deer Area 6 & Special Atchafalaya Basin/I-10 south (Oct. 1-15, bucks only) through Feb. 15. Either-sex deer allowed to be taken except where noted. Special license required: $10.50 for residents (ages 16-59); $26 for nonresidents (16 and older).
- SQUIRRELS/RABBITS/QUAIL: Statewide through Feb. 28.
- NOTE: Deer tags are required for all hunters no matter their ages for taking deer in Louisiana. Tags must be affixed to the deer before taking it from the field. State basic & big-game licenses needed for deer hunters. Special stamp needed to take deer on wildlife management areas.
- DEC. 6 — BATON ROUGE CHAPTER/DUCKS UNLIMITED BANQUET: 6 p.m., John M. Parker Ag Center, LSU, Baton Rouge. Tickets $50 singles, $20 Greenwings (youths), $400 corporate tables. Call (225) 572-4070. Website: http://LA.ducks.org.
AROUND THE CORNER
- DEC. 1 — MID RANGE RIFLE MATCH: Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. 600-yard prone match includes F-Class (any rifle, any sight, any support), FTR.223 &.308 with a bipod & conventional prone (any caliber). Website: http://PaloAltoGunClub.com.
- OPENED & CLOSED
- CLOSED: Elmer’s Island area.
- OPEN: State Fall Inshore Shrimp season (all inshore waters), but closed in Elmer’s Island-Fourchon area; recreational amberjack season.
- CLOSED-GULF OF MEXICO SEASONS: Recreational red snapper and gray triggerfish, state and federal waters and commercial king mackerel and gray triggerfish.
Have an outdoors item or event? Email: email@example.com
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved