Sweet Potato Bar
Serves 8. Recipe is from Butterball.
8 whole sweet potatoes
Toppings (Choose as many as you’d like or think of your own.)
1 cup toasted pecans or walnuts
1 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
1 cup cinnamon maple butter
1 cup shredded coconut, toasted
1 cup turkey bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
1 cup minimarshmallows
1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork in several places.
3. Place potatoes about 2 inches apart on foil-lined baking pan. Bake 40 to 60 minutes or until the tip of a knife is easily inserted into potatoes.
4. Split the tops of the potatoes using the tines of a fork, pushing the ends slightly to open. Arrange on a platter.
5. Place the toppings in small serving dishes. Arrange around the sweet potatoes or on the table so guests can top their potatoes as they choose.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved