Makes 36 cookies. Recipe is from CanolaInfo.
21/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
3 tbls. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup canola oil
2 tbls. water
1 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup sliced almonds, chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
13/4 cups confectioners’ sugar, for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, cornstarch and salt until completely combined. Add canola oil and beat until well combined. Add water, almond and vanilla extract. Mix. Stir in almonds and dried apricots.
3. Scoop batter with a small ice cream scooper, melon baller or spoon, making all the same size. Place them on an ungreased baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
4. Bake cookies about 12 to 15 minutes or until just set. Cool on a baking sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to wire rack until just warm.
5. Pour confectioners’ sugar into bowl. While cookies are still warm, but not hot, roll in confectioners’ sugar to make them look like snowballs. Return cookies to wire rack and when totally cooled, roll in confectioners’ sugar again. Store in an airtight container for up to five days.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved