Parmesan Panko Potato Balls
Makes 8 appetizer servings. Recipe is from the U.S. Potato Board.
2⁄3 cup panko bread crumbs
2⁄3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbl. Italian herb seasoning
11/2 tsps. garlic salt
1⁄8 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
11/2 lbs. very small yellow potatoes
Olive oil cooking spray
Warm marinara sauce or pesto
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with foil.
2. Stir together bread crumbs, cheese, herbs, garlic salt and crushed red pepper in small bowl. Place flour and eggs in 2 additional small bowls.
3. Place potatoes on prepared baking sheet; spray liberally with olive oil spray. Roll each in flour, then egg, then bread crumb mixture, making sure to coat potatoes well with each step.
4. Place back on baking sheet; spray again with olive oil spray. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until potatoes are lightly browned and tender when pierced with a fork, coating with olive oil spray twice during cooking.
5. Serve with marinara sauce or pesto.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved