Chocolate Panna Cotta
Topped With Ground Honey Maid
Graham Crackers and Marshmallow Foam
Makes 8-10 servings. Recipe is by Jay Ducote, who says to make this recipe 2 to 3 hours ahead of time or even overnight.
1 qt. heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
4 tbls. cocoa powder
2 (0.25-oz.) packets gelatin
6 tbls. cool water
1 pkg. Honey Maid Graham Crackers
1. Place cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in sugar and cocoa powder and continue to heat until cream is steaming but not boiling and the sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Place gelatin in the water in a mixing bowl and allow gelatin to absorb the water. Let it stand until the cream is ready.
3. When the cream is up to temperature and the sugar is dissolved, remove it from heat. Pour the cream over the gelatin in the mixing bowl. Allow to cool for a few minutes before evenly pouring it into either 8 to 10 ramekins to invert onto a plate or in wine glasses. Place containers in refrigerator and allow to set for 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
For the marshmallow foam:
1/4 cup cold water
1⁄3 cup sugar
1⁄8 tsp. white vinegar
1 egg white
1. Place water, sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Simmer until the mixture thickens to form a syrup; this will take a few minutes.
2. Place the egg white in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until peaks are stiff but not dry. While beating continuously, slowly pour the syrup into the egg white.
3. Once the egg white mixture is combined, beat on high for 5 minutes until it is foamy and white, like a soft marshmallow. Crumble graham crackers over the panna cotta and add the foam. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved