Parmesan Yogurt Chicken
Serves 4. Recipe is from Sherry Harper.
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tbls. fresh lemon juice
Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
½ cup plain yogurt
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tbl. Dijon mustard
1 tbl. Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp. ground thyme
¼ cup sliced green onion tops
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Arrange chicken in rimmed baking dish (i.e. a Pyrex dish) and drizzle with lemon juice. Sprinkle with Creole seasoning.
3. In separate bowl, stir yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and thyme together. Stir in the sliced green onions.
4. Spread yogurt mixture evenly over chicken and bake, uncovered in preheated 350-degree oven for about 40 to 50 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165 to 170 degrees.
5. Open oven, remove pan and sprinkle cheese over the top of each piece of chicken.
6. Reposition oven rack 4 inches from top heat source. Turn oven to broil setting and place chicken back in oven. Heat until cheese melts and topping browns slightly, about 5 minutes.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved