Fun & Fitness Calendar
- TRYOUTS: Through October, Dragons 12AAA team needs 2 players, 11AAA team needs 1. Call David Robinson (225) 571-1741 or Scott Schultz (225) 522-0107.
- TRYOUTS: Through October, Baton Rouge Red Sticks 2013 AA/AAA team.
- Call Larry Bellan (225) 921-7263.
- TRYOUTS: Through October, Louisiana Hurricanes 12-year-old Major 2013 tournament team. Call Chad DeLaune (225) 330-9231. Email: email@example.com.
- TRYOUTS: Through October, Bandits Baseball 11-under AA/AAA team. Call Jimmy Dunn (225) 933-9125.
- TRYOUTS: Through October, Baton Rouge Red Sticks 11-year-old 2013 AA/AAA team. Call Larry Bellan (225) 921-7263.
- USSSA GNOSF FALL I TOURNAMENT: Oct. 27-28, various Jefferson Parish parks. Boys 7-under through 14-under age divisions. Fee $265. 3-game guarantee. Entry deadline Oct. 24. Call Billy Vaughn (504) 265-0390. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- USSSA FALL PREVIEW TOURNAMENT: Nov. 3-4, Val Riess Complex, Chalmette. Boys 7-under through 14-under age divisions. Fee $265. 3-game guarantee. Entry deadline Oct. 31. Call Billy Vaughn (504) 265-0390. Email: email@example.com.
- TRYOUTS: Through Nov. 4, Baton Rouge Badgers 12-year-old travel team. Call Lanny Bergeron (225) 716-2220.
- YMCA CAPITAL AREA/ZACHARY YOUTH COMPETITIVE LEAGUE REGISTRATION: Through Nov. 9, Zachary High School. Sign-up 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Oct. 20, Nov. 3, Nov. 10. Co-ed ages 5-6, 7-8, boys & girls 9-10, 11-12 age divisions. Fee $85/player. Saturday-only league games begin Dec. 1. Call Pat Dudgaonkar (225) 924-3606, Ext. 1414. Website registration: http://www.ymcabatonrouge.org.
- AJGT KELLY LOVE SHOWCASE ENTRY DEADLINE: Noon, Oct. 17 for Oct. 20-21 event, Lakewood GC, Point Clear, Ala. Juniors ages 11-18/36 holes. Fee $225. Call Owen Seiler (318) 402-2446. Website: http://www.arrowheadjgt.com.
- 6TH ANNUAL ST. THOMAS MORE MEN’S CLUB TOURNAMENT: Noon shotgun start, Oct. 26, The Oaks at Sherwood, Baton Rouge. 4-player scramble. Fee $125/player, $500/team includes driving range, lunch, steak dinner. Sponsorships available. Benefits Men’s Club community service activities. Call Bill Dow (225) 413-0630. Website: http://www.stmmensclub.org.
- MICHAEL ‘KEITH’ CROCHET BENEFIT TOURNAMENT: 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Oct. 27, Fennwood CC, 6003 Fennwood Dr., Zachary. 4-player scramble. Fee $400/team (includes breakfast, lunch), $20 hole-in-one pot. Sponsorships available. Benefits Keith Crochet fund. Call Brenda Yarbrough (225) 954-0865 or Yogi Doyle (225) 933-6794.
- 18TH ANNUAL LSU BASEBALL ALUMNI TOURNAMENT: 8 a.m. shotgun start, Nov. 9, Carter Plantation, Springfield. 4-player scramble. Fee $100 LSU baseball alumni, $275 public (meals & bonus items). Field limited to 32 teams/128 players. Closest-to-hole, long-drive & straight-drive contests. Call LSU Baseball (225) 578-4066.
- BREC CEDAR RIDGE 45- AND -OLDER LEAGUE: 5-9 p.m. Sundays; 6-9 p.m. Tuesdays & Fridays; 9-11 a.m. Wednesdays, BREC Cedar Ridge Park. Call Tom Burkhart (225) 752-5905.
- BREC PLANK ROAD LEAGUE: 6:30-9 p.m. Tuesdays & Fridays; 7-9 p.m. Thursdays, Plank Road Park, Zachary. Call Lothar Kuhn (225) 654-9743.
- BREC LOVETT ROAD 21-AND-OLDER LEAGUE: 6-9 p.m. Mondays, Lovett Road Park, Central. Call Charles Welsh (225) 261-3621.
- BREC ANTIOCH PARK LEAGUE: 6-9 p.m. Wednesdays. Call Park Rec Center (225) 757-8316.
- HAPPY’S RUNNING CLUB: 6:15 p.m., Oct. 9, Happy’s Irish Pub, Third Street. Fee $35 annual membership. Call Scott Higgins (225) 810-5124 or Michael Lang (225) 252-9621.
- INAUGURAL OKTOBERFEST 5K: 5 p.m., Oct. 13, Rivertown, Kenner. 5K roadrace. Fees $30, $40 New Orleans Track Club families. In conjunction with Deutsches Haus Oktoberfest Festival. Website: http://www.runNOTC.org. Email: registration@runNOTC.org.
- 25TH ANNUAL UNCF WALK FOR EDUCATION: Oct. 13, Riverview, Audubon Park, New Orleans.
- HOLLYDAYS HUSTLE: 9 a.m., Oct. 20, downtown Baton Rouge. 5K run & 1-mile Fun Run. Fee $20. In conjunction with Hollydays. Online registration: http://www.active.com.
- 2ND ANNUAL LAKEFRONT CLASSIC: 7:30 a.m., Oct. 21, Shelter No. 1, Lakeshore Dr., New Orleans. 15K racewalk/roadrace/walk & 5K roadrace/walk. Fees/15K, $25/17-younger, $30 New Orleans Track Club members, $35 public. Fees/5K, $15, $20, $25, $60 NOTC families; $50/15K & $40/5K after Oct. 14. Website: http://www.runNOTC.org. Email: registration@runNOTC.org.
- MOCKLER BEVERAGE OKTOBERFEST RUN: 5:30 p.m., Oct. 27, Mockler Beverage Company, 11811 Reiger Rd., Baton Rouge. 3-mile roadrace & half-mile fun run. Fee $21 ($18 Club South members), $10 no T-shirt option. $25 race day. Benefits Girls on the Run GBR. Call Mockler (225) 408-4283. Website: http://www.imathlete.com.
- 2ND ANNUAL PUMPKIN PATCH CLASSIC: 8:30 a.m., Oct. 27, St. James Parish Welcom Center, U.S. 61, Gramercy. 5K run/walk & 1-mile run/walk. Fee $20, $10 no T-shirt option. Benefits Louisiana Lions League for Crippled Children & St. James Parish Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics. Call Shane Duhe (225) 241-8357.
- FEAST ON THE LEVEE RUN: 8 a.m., Oct. 28, St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, White Castle. 5K roadrace &b Fun Run. Fee $15, $20 after Oct. 24. Call St. John the Baptist (225) 545-3475.
- USSSA OCTOBER SLAM FEST: Oct. 13-14, North Oak Park, Hammond. Girls 8-under through 18-under age divisions. Fee $75. 4-game guarantee. Entry deadline Oct. 10. Call Billy Vaughn (504) 265-0390. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- USSSA FALL PREVIEW TOURNAMENT: Nov. 3-4, North Oak Park, Hammond. Girls 8-under through 18-under age divisions. Fee $75. 4-game guarantee. Entry deadline Oct. 31. Call Billy Vaughn (504) 265-0390. Email: email@example.com.
- The deadline for Fun & Fitness Calendar notices is 5 p.m. every Friday.
- Notices will be accepted four weeks in advance of the event.
- Submissions must be legibly handwritten or typed and must include activity/sport, date, time, site, entry fees, entry deadlines, the full name of contact person(s) and telephone numbers with area code. Only two contacts with telephone numbers/Email addresses will be published.
- SUBMIT NOTICES TO: Fun & Fitness Calendar, Advocate Sports, P.O. Box 588, Baton Rouge LA 70821. FAX (225) 388-0318. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved