Last week: 3rd
They’re gaining confidence with each passing week.
Last week: 5th
Stingy defense is making them look like the real deal.
Last week: 8th
Not terribly impressive, but they’re getting job done.
Last week: 1st
They hit a big bump in the road after a solid 2-0 start.
Last week: 6th
Despite lots of injuries, they manhandled the Panthers.
Last week: 12th
They certainly looked the part in roughing up Eagles.
Last week: 2nd
After two slim wins, they paid against the Cardinals.
Last week: 4th
They’ll be breathing fire after that controversial loss.
Last week: 7th
Letting one slip away at Ravens may hurt more later.
Last week: 15th
They will be looking for a statement win at Dallas.
Last week: 16th
While they’re 2-1, they haven’t been all that scary.
Last week: 14th
They’ve bounced back from season-opening loss.
Last week: 18th
We’ll see how they fare against good Niners team.
Last week: 10th
They have to dust themselves off after Falcons loss.
Last week: 19th
They will be sitting pretty if they can get past Rams.
Last week: 9th
It’s been hard to figure them out in first three games.
THE SECOND HALF
17. Detroit (1-2) Last week: 11th
18. Denver (1-2) Last week: 13th
19. Minnesota (2-1) Last week: 21st
20. Buffalo (2-1) Last week: 23rd
21. Tennessee (1-2) Last week: 27th
22. New Orleans (0-3) Last week: 17th
23. Tampa Bay (1-2) Last week: 20th
24. Kansas City (1-2) Last week: 28th
25. Washington (1-2) Last week: 22nd
26. Oakland (1-2) Last week: 29th
27. Carolina (1-2) Last week: 26th
28. Miami (1-2) Last week: 24th
29. Jacksonville (1-2) Last week: 32nd
30. St. Louis (1-2) Last week: 25th
31. Indianapolis (1-2) Last week: 31st
32. Cleveland (0-4) Last week: 30th
GAME TO WATCH
N.Y. Giants (2-1) at Philadelphia (2-1)
7:20 p.m. Sunday, Lincoln Financial (NBC)
Another NFC East rivalry will be renewed Sunday when the Giants and Eagles meet for the 155th time. The Giants were impressive in crushing Carolina in their last outing and will be looking to continue rolling against the Eagles, who could be on the verge of unraveling.
Packers (-7 1/2 ) over Saints
Patriots (-4) over Bills
Lions (-6) over Vikings
Falcons (-7) over Panthers
49ers (-4) over Jets
Chargers (+1) over Chiefs
Texans (-12) over Titans
Seahawks (-21/2) over Rams
Cardinals (-6) over Dolphins
Broncos (-61/2) over Raiders
Bengals (-21/2) over Jaguars
Redskins (+21/2) over Bucs
Giants (+2) over Eagles
Bears (+31/2) over Cowboys
Last week: 5-10-0 (.333)
Season totals: 21-23-1 (.478)
Noon: 49ers at Jets (Fox)
Noon: Titans at Texans (CBS)
3:25 p.m.: Saints at Packers (Fox)
7:20 p.m.: Giants at Eagles (NBC)
7:30 p.m.: Bears at Cowboys (ESPN)
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved