Grilled Shish Kabobs
Serves 6 to 8. Recipe is by John Colvin.
11/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 lbs. rib-eye steak
1 lb. whole mushrooms
1 large onion
2 large bell peppers
4 Roma tomatoes
Lawry’s Roasted Garlic Salt With Oregano and Basil
Robust steak seasoning
Salt and pepper
1. Soak wood skewers in water.
2. Cut meat and vegetables, except tomato, into bite-sized pieces.
3. Slide meat and vegetables, except tomato, onto skewers in alternating layers.
4. Sprinkle chicken skewers with garlic salt blend. Sprinkle steak skewers with steak seasoning.
5. Slice tomatoes in half and season cut edges with salt and pepper before sliding onto skewers.
6. Cook the meat kabobs over hot coals about 10 minutes, flipping once halfway through cooking. Cook the tomatoes over indirect heat for 10 minutes.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved