Quick Pumpkin Pizza
Makes 2 (8-inch) pizzas. Recipe is from Nestlé.
2 (8-inch) pizza crusts
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup shredded gouda or fontina cheese, plain or smoked
1/2 tsp. finely chopped fresh garlic
4 to 6 tbls. freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
8 tsps. pesto
1 tbl. toasted pine nuts
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place pizza crusts on a baking sheet.
2. Combine pumpkin, gouda or fontina and garlic in a small bowl. Mix well. Spread mixture evenly on both pizza crusts, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge.
3. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over each pizza, leaving a border of pumpkin mixture showing.
4. Dot each pizza with 1/2 teaspoonfuls of pesto, dividing evenly on each pizza. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble and crust starts to brown.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved