Geaux Tigers! Stuffed Peppers
Makes 8 stuffed peppers. Recipe is from Cajun Country Rice.
2 cups cooked medium-grain rice, prepared with extra water to make it sticky
4 yellow bell peppers
1 tbl. butter
1/4 cup purple onion, chopped
8 strips bacon
1/2 lb. medium Louisiana shrimp
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Wash and quarter peppers, removing seeds and membranes.
2. Sauté onion in butter until soft. Pan-fry the bacon, drain and crumble, reserving the bacon grease. Saut é shrimp in bacon grease until just cooked. Salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Drain shrimp and chop into small bits.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine the rice, onion, bacon, shrimp and cheese, adding more salt and pepper, if needed.
5. Form mixture to sit inside a bell pepper quarter. Bake for 15 minutes.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved