Serves 10 to 12. Recipe is by chef Chris Wadsworth, of Restaurant IPO.
16 ozs. buffalo mozzarella
1 cup red onions, diced
2 ozs. fresh basil, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cracked black pepper
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
4 loaves po-boy bread
12 roma tomatoes, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
1. Chop mozzarella into 1-inch pieces and place in a food processor.
2. Add red onions, basil, salt, pepper and vinaigrette into a food processor. Blend to a creamy consistency.
3. Slice bread into 1/2-inch circles, lay on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Place tomato slices on bread and top with 1/2 ounce of cheese mixture.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved