Around Baton Rouge for July 9, 2012
- THE EAST BATON ROUGE PARISH SCHOOL BOARD: 5 p.m., School Board Office, 1050 S. Foster Drive.
- CENTRAL COMMUNITY SCHOOL BOARD: 6 p.m., Central High School, 10200 E. Brookside Drive.
- LUCKY LACOWSKI’S REALLY BIG DREAM: 10 a.m., Delmont Gardens Branch Library, 3351 Lorraine St. Playmakers of Baton Rouge will perform the play. For more information or to register, call (225) 354-7050.
- KOOL SMILES GENERAL DENTISTRY FOR KIDS AND PARENTS: 10:30 a.m., Greenwell Springs Regional Branch Library, 11300 Greenwell Springs Road. Gwendolyn Battiste, a hygienist from Kool Smiles, will speak about keeping teeth healthy and clean. Call (225) 274-4460 to register for the lecture.
- MONDAY MORNING BOOK CLUB: 10:30 a.m., Baker Branch Library, 3501 Groom Road. Members will discuss books by Sandra Brown.
- BATON ROUGE PRESS CLUB: Noon, De La Ronde Hall, 320 Third St. Dr. Ron Ritchey, chief medical officer at eQHealth Solutions, will discuss the recent U.S. Supreme Court decision to uphold the federal health care legislation and how it might affect Louisiana citizens on Medicaid. Lunch, which is served at 11:30 a.m., is $12 for members and $15 for nonmembers.
- PROJECT PURR CAT ADOPTIONS: 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Mall of Louisiana Adoption Center, second floor by Dillards, 6401 Bluebonnet Blvd. For more information, visit http://www.projectpurr.org.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved