Fairs & Festivals for May 4, 2012
THROUGH SUNDAY, MAY 6
- NEW ORLEANS JAZZ & HERITAGE FESTIVAL: Fairgrounds racetrack, 1751 Gentilly Blvd., New Orleans. Performances on 12 stages with acts such as Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, The Beach Boys, the Neville Brothers, the Eagles, Foo Fighters, and others. Food, arts and crafts and programs. (504) 522-4786 or http://www.nojazzfest.com.
THROUGH SUNDAY, MAY 13
- CONTRABAND DAYS FESTIVAL: Lake Charles. Live entertainment, rides, food booths, Pirate marketplace, concerts, including The Molly Ringwalds, The Chris Shearman Experience, Josh Turner, Kevin Naquin & the Ossun Playboys and others. http://www.contrabanddays.com.
FRIDAY-SATURDAY, MAY 4-5
- MAYFEST ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL: downtown Leesville Historic District. Book signings, music arts, crafts, pancake breakfast, food, armadillo stampede, military displays, children’s activities. (337) 238-0783 or (800) 349-6287.
FRIDAY-SUNDAY, MAY 4-6
- ST. MARK LIGHT LANE FESTIVAL: St. Mark Catholic Church, 42021 La. 621, Gonzales. Rides, food, games, music, jambalaya cook-off, toddlers and tots parade, silent auction, car show, country store. Hours: 6-10:30 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturday, and 10:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday. Email email@example.com.
- BREAUX BRIDGE CRAWFISH FESTIVAL: Parc Hardy, Breaux Bridge. Crawfish-eating contest, souvenirs, musical performances on three stages by 30 Cajun and zydeco bands, Cajun dance contest, Cajun cooking demo, parade, arts and crafts, etc. (337) 332-6655 or http://www.bbcrawfest.com.
- TOMATO FESTIVAL: Our Lady of Prompt Succor Church, 2305 Fenelon St., Chalmette. Rides, pageants, music and the first Creole tomatoes of the season. (504) 250-9151.
SATURDAY-SUNDAY, MAY 5-6
- FEST FOR ALL: 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Saturday; noon-6 p.m., Sunday, downtown Baton Rouge, North Boulevard and on the grounds of the Old State Capitol and the Shaw Center for the Arts. Musical concerts, visual art presentations, dance performances, and art exhibits. http://www.artsbr.org.
THURSDAY-SUNDAY, MAY 10-13
- COCHON DE LAIT FESTIVAL: downtown Mansura. Roasted pig, street dance, parade, midway, games, contests. http://www.cochondelaitfestival.com.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved