Roasted Sweet and New Potato Salad
Serves 6. Recipe is by Tracey Koch.
Large pot of salted water
2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
2 lbs. small red potatoes, washed and cut into chunks
¼ cup olive oil
1 tsp. kosher salt
½ tsp. black pepper
Dressing (see recipe)
1. Bring a large pot of salted water up to a rolling boil.
2. Once it is boiling, drop the sweet and red potatoes into it and blanch for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Drain well and pat dry. Place the potatoes into a large mixing bowl.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
5. Toss the potatoes in the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper.
6. Divide the potatoes between 2 baking sheets and even them out into a single layer.
7. Roast the potatoes 20 to 25 minutes, stirring them every 10 minutes to prevent them from sticking. Potatoes are done when they are crisp and golden.
8. Remove from the oven, toss in the Dressing and serve.
1 clove minced garlic
¼ cup shallots
1 tbl. Dijon mustard
¼ cup sherry or white wine vinegar
½ cup olive oil
¼ tsp. kosher salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
½ cup green onions
4 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the garlic, shallots, sherry, mustard and olive oil until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper
2. Place the potatoes in a large bowl and toss them in the dressing.
3. Top with the green onions and bacon and serve.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved