Serves 6. Recipe is from Boy Scouts Troop 888, Baton Rouge.
11/2 lbs. smoked sausage, sliced
2 lbs. chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 large onion, chopped
1 large bell pepper, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
2 pkgs. jambalaya mix
Chicken stock or water per package directions
1. Prepare all ingredients.
2. In Dutch oven over camp cooking stove, cook sausage over medium heat until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
3. Add chicken and cook until chicken is white. Remove meat and set aside.
4. Sauté onions, bell pepper and celery until translucent.
5. Return chicken to Dutch oven and add jambalaya mix. Mix well.
6. Add chicken stock or water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When boiling, stir again. Reduce to low. When simmering, cover and cook for 30 minutes (or according to package directions). No peeking.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved