Chicken Cordon Bleu
Serves 6 to 8. Recipe is from Boy Scouts Troop 888, Baton Rouge.
5 lbs. chicken breasts (1 breast half per Scout)
2 (8-oz.) pkgs. shredded mozzarella cheese
2 pkgs. thick-cut bacon
1/2 lb. sliced honey ham (deli ham is fine)
Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Prepare enough charcoal briquettes for both grilling and baking.
2. Make a pocket in each chicken breast half. Roll some cheese in a ham slice and push the roll into the chicken pocket. Close pocket using 2 toothpicks.
3. Roll each chicken breast in 2 or 3 slices of bacon, using 2 toothpicks per slice. Season chicken.
4. Grill chicken over coals for about 15 minutes until light brown on all sides and the bacon is no longer raw.
5. Pack in Dutch oven coated with nonstick cooking spray and cook at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked. For a 14-inch Dutch oven, place 21 briquettes on the top and 18 on the bottom.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved