Serves 6 to 8. Recipe is from Boy Scouts Troop 888, Baton Rouge, and Burl Forgey.
1 loaf French bread, cut into thin slices
1 (6-oz.) can evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
4 tbls. vanilla extract
1. Line Dutch oven with foil or parchment liner. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Arrange French bread slices in Dutch oven.
3. In a separate bowl, prepare custard by mixing eggs, evaporated milk, sugar and vanilla extract.
4. Pour custard evenly over bread.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until custard is set.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved