Crepes Filled With Chicken and Mushrooms
Serves 8. Recipe is by Tracey Koch. This is a great recipe to do ahead. The crepes batter can be make a day in advance and the filling can as well. Just reheat the filling while you are making the crepes. Keep the crepes in a warm oven until ready to roll.
3 tbls. butter melted
¼ cup chopped shallots
2 cups baby bella mushrooms, chopped
1/4 cup brandy
1 tsp. fresh thyme
1 tbl. fresh chopped parsley
8 oz. cream cheese
½ cup milk
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/2 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1. In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and sauté the shallots until they are soft (2 to 3 minutes).
2. Add in the chopped mushrooms and brandy and continue to sauté until all of the liquid is absorbed.
3. Sprinkle in half of the thyme and parsley and fold in the cream cheese and milk.
4. Continue stirring until all of the cream cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth and beginning to bubble.
5. Fold in the chicken and season with a little salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is heated through. Reduce the heat to low and cover until you are ready to fill your crepes and serve.
Mushrooms to top:
2 cups baby bella mushrooms, sliced
3 tbls. butter
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1. Clean and slice the mushrooms.
2. In a sauté pan, melt the butter and sauté the mushrooms 2 minutes or until they are just tender.
3. Sprinkle in the salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
4. Divide the warm chicken and mushroom mixture between 8 crepes and roll them up.
5. Top them with the sautéed mushrooms and sprinkle with the remaining chopped thyme and parsley. Serve.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved