- WHAT: 32nd annual Strawberry Strut 1-mile fun run and 10K race.
- WHEN: Sunday, April 13. Fun run starts at 7:30 a.m.; 10K at 8 a.m.
- WHERE: Ponchatoula Jaycee Park, 325 Beechwood Drive, Ponchatoula.
- REGISTRATION: active.com or download the entry form at ponchatoulajaycees.com and mail it in with the entry fee. To register the day of the race, arrive between 6.30-7:30 a.m.
- INFORMATION: Call (985) 259-0616.
- WHAT: Recycle old T-shirts.
- WHEN: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily, through April 30.
- WHERE: Whole Foods Market, 7529 Corporate Blvd., Baton Rouge.
- INFORMATION: (225) 218-0452.
- DETAILS: T-shirts can be dropped off at bins at the store. The old T-shirts are for The African InKNITiative, a non-profit organization that benefits Ugandan women in refugee camps.
- WHAT: Trafficking Hope Community Night forum on human trafficking in Baton Rouge.
- WHEN: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 15.
- WHERE: St. Joseph’s Academy Activity Center, 3015 Broussard St.
- INFORMATION: (225) 388-2336 or email@example.com.
- DETAILS: Trafficking Hope, Junior League of Baton Rouge and St. Joseph’s Academy are presenting the forum, which will include what law enforcement is doing about the problem and what street outreach efforts are underway. Learn how education on the topic can bring hope to families, children and the victims and help end modern-day slavery here.
- WHEN: 6-10 p.m. Saturday, April 26.
- WHERE: Robert A. Bogan Fire Museum, 427 Laurel St.
- TICKETS: $35. Call Mike Paternostro at (225) 892-6891 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets are limited.
- DETAILS: Proceeds are dedicated to the restoration fund for the museum. Guests can taste a variety of beers and enjoy boiled crawfish. Live music will be by the band Wheels. There will also be a silent auction. The nonprofit museum is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. It was first renovated and dedicated in 1978.
- WHAT: The Taste fundraiser for Mary Bird Perkins - Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center.
- WHEN: 6:30-9:30 p.m. Thursday, May 1.
- WHERE: The Capital Atrium, 103 France St.
- TICKETS: $100. marybird.org/taste; (225) 215-1221.
- DETAILS: Event features cuisine, entertainment and a silent auction, including a five-course meal for 10 crafted by chef Peter Sclafani at the home of TJ Moran and Judy Byers. Proceeds will support cancer awareness, early detection and screening programs in the local community.