- WHAT: Sale of LSU AgCenter’s 2014 Get It Growing Calendar.
- WHERE: lsuagcenter.com/GetIt GrowingCalendar or call (225) 578-4646.
- COST: $11.95.
- DETAILS: Calendar offers helpful tips, how-to information and photos of gardens and lawns across the state. It also will be available at bookstores, garden centers and gift shops.
MILITARY GROUP TO MEET
- WHAT: Baton Rouge Area Military Officers Association of America meeting.
- WHEN: 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.
- WHERE: Drusilla Restaurant, 3482 Drusilla Lane.
- INFORMATION: Jackie O’Quinn, (225) 766-4900.
- DETAILS: Catherine Wood, of Entergy, will speak.
- WHAT: Program on Louisiana Indians and the Native Americans of the Southeast U.S.
- WHEN: Noon Wednesday.
- WHERE: Capitol Park Museum, 660 N. Fourth St.
- INFORMATION: crt.state.la.us/museum.
- DETAILS: Ken Dixon, a member of the Mississippi band of Choctaw Indians, will discuss the culture, education and recreation of the Native Americans in the Southeast U.S. Free. Bring your lunch.
ATIVE AMERICANS LECTURE
- WHAT: Women Outreaching Women’s garage sale.
- WHEN: Friday and Saturday.
- WHERE: 26876 La. 1032 (4-H Club Road), Denham Springs.
- INFORMATION: (225) 791-3940 or email assistant@womeno women.com.
- DETAILS: The nonprofit organization in Livingston Parish works to stop violence against women and children. The garage sale includes housewares, clothing, toys, furniture, books and electronics. Jambalaya dinners will be sold for $ 6.
NEIGHBORHOOD GARAGE SALE
- WHAT: Inniswold/Jefferson Terrace Association’s annual neighborhood garage sales.
- WHEN: 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
- WHERE: Jefferson Highway and Bluebonnet Boulevard area.
- DETAILS: 30 households participate. Watch for the balloons on signs and mailboxes.
- WHAT: Baton Rouge Green’s Annual Fall Tree-for-All Tree Sale and Celebration.
- WHEN: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 2 and noon to 3 p.m. Nov. 3.
- WHERE: Burden Museum and Gardens, 4560 Essen Lane.
- INFORMATION: batonrougegreen.com.
- DETAILS: A large selection of native trees from Louisiana growers will be offered. Experts will be on hand to assist, and Tree Talks will take place. New is a Treely Delicious Recipe Contest on Nov. 2. To register, call (225) 381-0037 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All recipes must incorporate a tree product as one of the main ingredients. Judges will vote on creativity and flavor. Prizes include a $250 gift card from Alexander’s Market, a $100 gift card from Stroube’s and more.